Monday 8 July 2013

mY SpiRal FloWer PriNted BloUse


Hey people, trust you had a relaxing weekend… I did a lot of sewing but still squeezed out time to go watch a movie and attend a friend’s little get together/birthday party….yeah that's right,girl's gotta chill and eat some cake...Could even do with some more junk in my life right now,any ice-cream and pizza offers are welcome..Don't worry, the clothes still fit and if they don't,back to the sewing table....speaking of sewing,enough junk-loving and back to looking fab...


The piece of clothing I’m gonna display is a purple & black beaded blouse with a peterpan collar and puff sleeves. I did the beading and that took forever….I don’t like beading so much or any type of needle-work(I hail 'London tailors', those people are legends)......it takes a lot of time, energy and concentration, and I wouldn’t wanna prick my fingers, so my eyes need to be glued to the needle. Anyway, because I wanted to make my blouse pretty and make the fabric a little different, I got my hands to start beading.
The fabric had spiral flower prints which were really pretty,I just love using that word 'pretty'.The jacket being purple made it all the more.....wait for it....preeeetty. I had made a jacket with the same fabric ... my very first jacket…I was proud of that jacket even though it was just a regular jacket .I don’t know what the fabric is called though…it isn’t ankara, or woodin, or damask. I bought it in one of the ankara shops in the market,don't beg me,I won't tell you where...… the sales girl didn’t even know the fabric name. 

I paired my beaded purple and black blouse with blue jeans and blue high-heel shoes…dropped the blue shoes at the back seat though ….I decided I didn’t want to stress my tiny legs….so I eventually wore lacy black flats….all making for a comfortable,stress less day...

Hope you like it too. Have a fabulous week *muah*





















my very first jacket J

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm...
niceee.....

Ogbeni Godboy said...

Waiting to be given the go-ahead n copyright to publish these compilations cuz I just like the narrative style especially ow it opens ones imaginative senses! Keep this up Nimi !

Anonymous said...

Toluwanimi (not Tolu)...now you making me really wish I had learnt sewing too...not too late though (I guess....) Nways...nice blouse. When are you gonna make another dress for me. This time its a Jacket I need.
B-T-W...I had to wear one of the dresses I felt needed some little adjustments like that to work (guess I got slimmer)....and everyone wowed! (*face covering*).
I HOPE YOU KNOW WHO IT IS THAT COMMENTS?? ...cheers luv!

Unknown said...

Thanks thanks :)

Unknown said...

Loool...funny you.thank you thank you for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Thanks Anonymous...*chibuzo??*
Glad the dress had a wowing effect.
*thats nimz! thats nimz!*azontos*

Owsewife said...

Lovely!Luv me some.When re u making mine*wink*

Unknown said...

Thanks Madam...u know where to find me love

Mzcocoh said...

Purple looks great on you

I look forward to seeing more of your posts

Check out my blog for my style files

I'm following you, pls follow back n share if u want thanks

http://mzcocoh.blogspot.ica/

Unknown said...

Thanks mz cocoh...*grinning*
Checked your blog & following you back....thanks for stopping by :)

Unknown said...

You did a really lovely job with the beadings and that blouse is nice!!

www.cassiedaves.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Aww...thanks Cassandra...

Btw, nice blog *smiles*

Julz said...

cute top. i love your hair.

Julz
Stylebyjulz.blogspot.ca

Unknown said...

Thank you Julz...
Visited your blog...its a really nice blog Julz :)