Monday 1 July 2013

Its monday and i'm feeling BLUE!!!!!

Hello y'all
My weekend was stressful..don't look like you don't care,you do..joking....I could have done with some ice cream though....spent my saturday making my hair...ghana weaving and braids....6hrs!...that hairdresser is slow sha, with the plenty plenty people that gathered to make it. The hair though...fabulous when they were done (at least that's what my imaginary and real 'washers' told me)..I just couldnt sew with all the headaches and body aches......could have done with a massage...see me forming posh....actually it's not for....never mind,moving on.

Sunday! the day of the Lord! got back from church, still didnt have the energy for major sewing...but i did a lot of drafting.....and no,not pleadings (it's a lawyer's joke,dont worry if you don't get it)...on to the outfit....

I had planned to wear one black and blue jacket i've been working on since last month....it still wasnt complete it didnt have sleeves
Last week, I had cut out the fabric patterns for the sleeves.....i searched and searched for it....it was nowhere to be found. I was so frustrated, coz i had mised the fabric...and all that was left of the fabric were pieces....I didnt want a sleeveless jacket!. In my frustration , I gathered the pieces of fabric and kept staring at them, figuring out what to do...they were still so little to make short sleeves. So I just knew it was gonna be sleeveless.....i didnt want a basic sleevless jacket, wanted a little edge..so i figured out something....I dont even know what to call it...I just know I liked the outcome.

On monday, I wore my newly sewn blue and black jacket with blue pants and mid-heel black court shoes. Its a flowery patterned blue and black zip-up jacket. It has a peplum back and a zip detail in front(non-fashionistas, this means the outfit MAKE SENSE DIE!!!!!!!.....ah that felt good *puts on posh mien again* I mean its pretty cool)

 Enjoy!






make-shift sleeves

a clearer picture of make-shift sleeves








Have a lovely week. *xoxo*

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Nice jacket! Toluwanimi (not Tolu)....lol

Unknown said...

Thanks Anonymous....and yes I love my full name.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww....too nice!!!!!! Looking summer time fine!!!!!! ;)
Keep it up dear!

Unknown said...

Thanks Anonymous...:)

Unknown said...

Anonymous(es)...I'll like to see your names o :) just click on the Name/Url...and type just your name.
Thanks for the comments...keep em coming :)

Unknown said...

Really nice but is it not too casual for a Monday?

Unknown said...

Thanks Khadijah....that crossed my mind...but I thought "hey, its a jacket n pant trousers...abeg jor...its monday and I'm feeling bluuue :) "

Piroes said...

Wow! Babes.....this is super cool! Cant wait for you to make mine....lol. Well done darling!

'MotolaniOlaku said...

Toluwanimi, dis is rily 9ce. Kip it up. I encourage ankara 2 offic ny dai of d wik. We r africans jare. Al dis employers shu stop imposin suit n oda western dresses by force.

Unknown said...

Thanks hun *grinning*

Unknown said...

Thanks Tolani...sure will :)
The jacket fabric is actually a PK(pakistan)fabric and not ankara. I'm with you though...a Nigeria where ankara can be worn on weekdays irrespective of the establishment.

Unknown said...

Love it,love it,love it etc. You alway give us something to 'wow' and 'OMG'against. Love the shade of blue,love the jacket, it looks chinese, yet with a difference. Looking forward to having something like that too.

Unknown said...

*wide grin*....thanks sholz

Kc Babajide said...

I like... The patterns on the jacket reminds me of a geisha... Like your blog too. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Kc :D...and thanks for stopping by :)