Wednesday 21 August 2013

GliTteRiNg SeQuiNs n SmOoTh VeLveT


Hey luvies :* so sorry…its been such a long time..ok not yet two months but that's like centuries in fashion blogging time...July was a busy month, and I guess August is too,with the kids being on holiday and all,mommy didn't have time to sew..oh you are wondering how I look this cute and fab after popping out kids ehn...well,it's just diet,exercise and a lil thing called don't have any yet..coming soon though,watch this space...

Anyways, I made a blouse on Saturday, whoop! whoop! I had a wedding to attend that Saturday(i wish people had as many barbecues and 'come chops' though) but because I had quite a number of outfits to make I was gonna bust the wedding like Busta Rhymes *covers face* (please that lame joke never leaves this place, I have a reputation ooooo)  but my mum was like “ehn! Busy ko busy ni, you are going for that wedding!..gotta love mothers,she was going to drag me around and use me to show young men what they could see but could not have.....Lol, don't mind me....I am a self-wash pro like that...I’m not really a wedding person….no! i'll scratch that… I love weddings and all … it has just been a while I’ve been to a wedding…. everything is changing now…my friends are getting married  :)  coolies!.

So the color of the day was silver and red….*didnt buy asoebi( cloth of the family) * ,and so I decided my outfit will be a combination of sequins and velvet. *that’s like the asoebi trend*. I had recently bought a red velvet fabric but I didn’t have a silver sequined fabric, but I had black….so I was gonna do black …..I wont be bounced for not conforming with the color of the day,besides I can always fit under the bouncer's hand and run inside if I wanted to...Pint-sized girls rock big time!!!

Because I hadn’t planned on going for the wedding, as at friday, my black sequined blouse and velvet wrapper was all constructed and sewn only in my head, it was looking so gorgeous in my head sha, you needed to have been inside at that time. Obviously, I couldn’t make the church ceremony, not like I planned to anyways so I spent my Saturday morning, sewing my glittering and smooth outfit. 

Thankfully my outfit was ready, just in time for the reception.You want to know how the wedding went? Well, good news is I didn't get bounced,in fact the bouncer was tripping for my outfit.....or maybe that was just in my head as well....

Blouse – black sequined round-neck peplum top

Wrapper – red velvet
 



















 


More weddings this coming weekend... so i wont be staying away for so long :)
Have a lovely week y'all!
*muah*
Nimz



10 comments:

Number_1_fan said...

Nice outfit as usual! Regal look like a queen should! Best part is the delivery of this edition...I catch the kiss though* ll prefer a full mouth real life*

Unknown said...

aww..thank you, my number 1 fan :)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful piece worn by a pretty lady. I love the attire top to toe
I love the sequin and velvet combo

Unknown said...

thanks anonymous and thanks for stopping by :D

Anonymous said...

Kool stuff!! Splendid colours and very original...can we also see more designs??

Unknown said...

Thanks"Anonymous 2"....Sure:)
Just follow my blog...more designs to come...its gonna be a loooong journey...;)

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing outfit...looking good

Yole said...

NICE NIMZ :D

Unknown said...

*smiles* thank you

Unknown said...

:)