Monday 17 June 2013

MiSs kEnTe

Helllllloooo....been a long time....*palm covering my eyes*...
I had a busy month of May....however, i still had a little weekend time to make a couple of dresses but haven't gotten the time to make anything for myself....:(
I'll put more effort into my sewing during the week......Discipline....that's what I need.

 

 Anyway, last week friday the 14th, was traditional day at the office....I wasn't really in the mood to go all traditional, so I searched through my "pile of unfinished clothes', frantically searching for any clothing item with african print, especially one that needed the tiniest bit of sewing to get completed. Voila! my kente jacket appeared! I quickly checked the edges, the sleeves to find out why it was in "the pile" and then i saw what i needed to do....or rather...what needed to be done....the button hole! I immediately started getting upset because that wasn't something I could do at the moment...it was thursday night!
And then it occurred to me, "I've got press buttons"....thank God! My mind at rest, I quickly got it ironed...didn't bother to fix the press button that night...did that on friday morning....yes...I procastinate sometimes.
 

About the jacket, the jacket is a kente/lace peplum piece...the color is bright and exciting....I made the peplum bottom by sewing 'kissing pleats'. The pleats aren't as defined as the peplum jacket in my first post(the jacket with the zip detail)....Hope you love it as much as I did....enjoy :D







Seriously, i really don't know what brought my hands together....i'm sure i was either saying something or doing something...whatever....lol




 
 
 
 
I just had to put upload this picture.....nigerian in a sari and an indian in ankara....pretty.....
 
 



Yeah yeah, i know i didn't go all traditional.....but I guess my look was afrocentric :)
Fingers crossed, I'll be uploading more pictures this week or the next.
Have a lovely week y'all.
Peace!

10 comments:

Heiress Irene said...

Love ur styles,most especially d kente jacket.Pardon me,i couldn't help but bookmark your blog. i'm so craving afrocentric look.

Heiress Irene said...

Love ur styles,most especially d kente jacket.Pardon me,i couldn't help but bookmark your blog. i'm so craving the afrocentric look.

Daisy said...

very very nice. i like!

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you....:)
Glad you bookmarked my blog, Irene:)

Unknown said...

Saw your picture on you dp and had to save it, even before I read this blog. Your look stood out. Couldn't help but show people around :). For real. I want a kente look too :(. Proud of you dear.

Unknown said...

Where's mine? I want. Don't be selfish

Dee said...

Lovely print, good creativity, nice combination and to top that, beautiful model..you will definitely go higher...looking forward to more from you.

Unknown said...

:D thank you

Unknown said...

Miss Khadijah knows where to find me....*wink*

Unknown said...

aww, thanks sholy sholz(((hugs)))