Thursday 2 May 2013

MY JOURNEY................


So this is my first post :) ....been a long time coming! 
This journey started about a year and a half ago after my tedious and successful completion of the bar exam. I thought...."Now its time to do what i've always wanted to do.....learn how to sew!!!". I had about 2 months before going to NYSC camp so I went to House of Henri and signed up. I had a wonderful experience....loved it!!!.

As the title of my blog implies, I intend to capture my tailoring experience and skills and to share it with everyone. I love designing and sewing....and yes it is stressful and all, but i still love it. I love the fact that I can think of a design in my head, sketch and sew it MYSELF....well....not every sketch that pops up in my head ....but i've got You-tube and various online sewing blogs and websites to help me learn new things.....So my blog is gonna catalogue my learning experience and I also hope to get fun ideas from readers....So basically i'm just gonna post some of the pictures of clothing items I've made so far :D



I love this jacket....and lots of friends too. its detacheable....held together by a zip. Its my favourite piece :D. 


                                                    same peplum jacket, different fabrics


bandage dress

by the way, my favourite colour is Royal purple.



                                     
                                   






 










 








 

 

the first skirt I made...actually the very first piece of clothing I made

 



Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures......:) 
ps - I'm "NIMZ"....ToluwaNIMI....
AND THE JOURNEY CONTINUES....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog, love you designs more. I believe you would make an exceptional designer. Remember me when you get to the top.

Temidayo Oyebade said...

check check ... temi was here ... nice one dear.

Unknown said...

big smile:D...thanks shola...thanks temi

Owsewife said...

Aww Toluwanimi,i'm so proud of you.This is just d beginning of greater you in Jesus name

Anonymous said...

Yes naa. I enjoyed looking at the pictures and I am waiting for more. Haba, since 2nd May 2013 you haven't posted anything else. Pls post something oh, even if its pictures of you sleeping. Let us have more of you to stare at.

Anonymous said...

couldn't have thought you would be doing this.........but its nice that you are and how you take it seriously, can only hope for the best for you, lovely pictures but great designs. CAT

Ashley said...

From Ashley

Wow tolu this is really nice, am so happy for you. Well hope u will also be designing kente made english attire... humbs up. Will come for a liitle tutorial later...

adenihun said...

Yes ooooo...I know her!!! infct we grew up 2geda 1G4 days(smiles) thank u 4 D̶̲̥̅̊ pattern dress u made 4 me.. Luvin it more n more.. Kip it up darlyn(wink)

daviruz said...

Yes yes... Daviruz was here too... Good 1 tolu. (y)

Unknown said...

:D thanks for stopping by davirus

Unknown said...

Glad you love it! Go Nimz! Go Nimz!

Unknown said...

Amen((hugs))

Unknown said...

Thanks ashley*muah*

Unknown said...

*wide grin* ((hugs))

Unknown said...

Hahaahaha! Okay o!